Commercial General Liability Insurance
- For injuries your business causes to people who aren’t your workers
- For damage your business causes to other peoples’ property
- For claims of misleading advertising, slander & libel, invasion of privacy, and copyright infringement
If you are sued for injuries or damages to others, a Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy covers the cost of your legal defense and damages (up to the dollar limits of your policy) if you are found to be responsible.
Your clients and your commercial landlords will usually want to see proof of your Commercial General Liability Insurance before doing business with you.
Examples of incidents covered by Commercial General Liability
- You leave a tool on the sidewalk next to a job site. A pedestrian trips over it and sues you for his injuries.
- While doing repairs on a house, you accidentally cause an electrical short circuit that results in a fire.
- You install a plumbing fixture that works fine, but a week later it fails, causing major water damage.
We offer all types of commercial liability policies including Business Owner’s Policies (“BOP”) and Excess Liability for higher limits.